List of active policies
|House Rules||Site policy||All users|
|Privacy Statement||Site policy||All users|
Governance Hub - House Rules
By using our Governance Hub you agree to the following house rules:
This platform has been designed as a secure and safe space to learn, share best practice and contribute to each other's understanding of governance, it should be used as such.
- The forums will operate under Chatham house rules. For anyone unaware of what that means, or for more information Click here
- You must respect your peers when using the forum and treat discussion as you would at any Scottish Government run event.
- Keep your comments relevant to the discussion topic.
- You are personally responsible for any submission or comment that you post.
- Material shared on the Governance belongs to the individual that posted it, we ask users to post responsibly - i.e. only sharing what you'd be willing to put into the public domain, not sharing third party personal data, etc.
- Where issues of a sensitive nature are being discussed you are encouraged to anonymise.
- As always, be mindful of your Public Body's Code of Conduct, based on the Model Code of Conduct at all times as well as your Public Bodies Code of Conduct.
Please note that the
moderation policy clearly states:
We reserve the right to remove content posted at any time
Threads or posts may be deleted at the sole discretion of moderation staff
We reserve the right to amend our moderation policy at any time without notice.
Scottish Government (Public Bodies Unit - Governance Hub)
Why is data gathered?
The Scottish Government collects personal data to set up and account and grant access to the Governance Hub. Processing of this data is necessary for you to be a functioning user of the Governance Hub.
What data is held?
Personal data held includes an identifier, name, email addresses, work in addition to the IP address you used to connect to the online portal.
What we do with your data
We are processing your data as a task in the public interest, namely, in the administration of the Governance Hub, the Scottish Government uses the College Development Network as our host for this platform. The College Development Network can be can be contacted at College Development Network, Airthrey Castle, Hermitage Road, Stirling, FK9 4LA. All personal data is processed and stored securely within the UK by College Development Network. Data is processed only in connection with the services provided to the Scottish Government and for business necessity. No third parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so. No data is transmitted outside of the European Union.
The Scottish Government and College Development Network have a Data Protection policy in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data.
How long is your data kept?
Your data is retained for as long as you are a user on the Governance Hub and the data is required to give you access to the Governance Hub. Should you no longer wish to be a user your data will be deleted from our systems.
What are your rights?
You have a right to the information we hold about you, you can request to see this information. You may have a right to have this information corrected, deleted and to object to or restrict the processing of the information held.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how your personal data is handled, you can contact the Scottish Government Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter. The Data Protection Officer can be contacted at The Scottish Government, Victoria Quay, Commercial Street, Edinburgh, EH6 6QQ or alternatively Area 3F North, Victoria Quay, Commercial Street, Edinburgh, EH6 6QQ.
If you are not satisfied with the response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) through the following:
Information Commissioner's Office - Scotland
45 Melville Street
Telephone: 0303 123 1115